Engineers built Rapid Radicals. See how the Rapid Radicals system can serve your organization’s or client’s needs across a wide range of applications and capabilities.
Our Partners and Mentors:
How It Works for Municipal Applications
- Sanitary and/or combined sewer overflow wastewater is directed to the Rapid Radicals system during a storm event.
- The wastewater enters into a clarifier for chemically-enhanced primary treatment to remove solids, soluble organic strength, and nutrients.
- Clarified water then passes into a chemical oxidation contact chamber to disinfect pathogens, remove soluble organic strength, and oxidize micropollutants. Hydroxyl radicals are made en masse for rapid treatment.
- Residual oxidant is removed from the Rapid Radicals system effluent to introduce balanced water into the river and lake ecosystem.
- Clean water is then safely released into the receiving waters.
About Rapid Radicals
Rapid Radicals Technology, LLC is an innovative high-rate wastewater treatment technology developed to address combined sewer overflows and achieve rapid stormwater management for municipal sewerage districts.
Our technology reduces the eight hours it currently takes a treatment plant to treat wastewater down to 30 minutes. This innovative breakthrough in rapid, high-level wastewater treatment has the potential to improve the lives of people throughout the world.