Check out our Imagine H2O Startup Spotlight video for an overview of the technology and a quick tour of our pilot site at Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District’s South Shore Water Reclamation Facility in Oak Creek, WI.
To learn more about Rapid Radicals and our team, watch our pitch on the UW-Milwaukee Lubar Entrepreneurship Center’s Project Pitch It season six premiere! Project Pitch It provides entrepreneurs the opportunity to pitch their innovative ideas to a panel of leading business moguls who question, advise, and present weekly awards.
How It Works for Municipal Applications
- Sanitary and/or combined sewer overflow wastewater is directed to the Rapid Radicals system during a storm event.
- The wastewater enters into a clarifier for chemically-enhanced primary treatment to remove solids, soluble organic strength, and nutrients.
- Clarified water then passes into a chemical oxidation contact chamber to disinfect pathogens, remove soluble organic strength, and oxidize micropollutants.
- Residual oxidant is removed from the Rapid Radicals effluent to introduce balanced water into the river and lake ecosystem.
- Clean water is then safely released into the receiving waters.
Rapid Radicals has extensive sampling and analyzing experience performing a wide range of laboratory tests of wastewater parameters in accordance with Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater. Additionally, Rapid Radicals measures removals of micropollutants using Liquid Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS) instrumentation. Rapid Radicals works in partnership with Marquette University’s Water Quality Center to complete this important aspect of system validation. We work with our customers to build an experimental plan during startup and commissioning to ensure your Rapid Radicals system is operating to specifications.
“We forget that the water cycle and the life cycle are one.”
Jacques Yves Cousteau