Rapid Radicals Technology (RRTech) is doing more than just outputting turnkey wet weather flow and stormwater management systems. We work directly with municipalities and industrial clients to develop a custom wastewater treatment process, provide system commissioning services, and offer operations and maintenance training and oversight. RRTech is also available for broad-based stormwater management consulting, helping to provide an integrated solution to wastewater infrastructure overburden during storm events that goes beyond the implementation of the RRTech system.
How It Works for Municipal Applications
- Sanitary and/or combined sewer overflow wastewater is directed to the Rapid Radicals system during a storm event.
- The wastewater enters into a clarifier for chemically-enhanced primary treatment to remove solids, soluble organic strength, and nutrients.
- Clarified water then passes into a chemical oxidation contact chamber to disinfect pathogens, remove soluble organic strength, and oxidize micropollutants.
- Residual oxidant is removed from the RRTech effluent to introduce balanced water into the river and lake ecosystem.
- Clean water is then safely released into the receiving waters.
RRTech has extensive sampling and analyzing experience performing a wide range of laboratory tests of wastewater parameters in accordance with Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater. Additionally, RRTech measures removals of micropollutants using Liquid Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS) instrumentation. RRTech works in partnership with Marquette University’s Water Quality Center to complete this important aspect of system validation. We work with our customers to build an experimental plan during startup and commissioning to ensure your Rapid Radicals system is operating to specifications.
“We forget that the water cycle and the life cycle are one.”
Jacques Yves Cousteau